opportunistic sourdough crepes. when feeding sourdough starter, and not baking with it. rather than discard the excess starter, make these.
starter discard [a] 100 g
salt 1 pinch
[a] starter discard
if you would rather this be vegan, don't include the egg. compensate with more water. makes three crepes. scale up for more.
- add sourdough starter discard.
- mix until well combined. consistent color. consistent thickness. consistent texture.
- add water until it's thinner than you expect it should be. often times this will be a very small amount of water. it depends on the hydration of the starter. the result should be very very thin.
- add some salt. a pinch. or two.
- cook in a skillet. with butter. or oil. or if a non-stick pan, nothing. a bit of time on both sides.